If you live in Southern California, you know that traffic can sometimes be a nightmare. In a region where the primary method of commute involves driving a car down busy highways, it is not surprising to assume that accidents are inherent. The Claremont injury lawyers at RM Law Group LLP can help you create a strategy to pursue your claim for the maximum compensation. Unfortunately, many drivers across Southern California are what is commonly known as distracted drivers. Although you may routinely practice safe driving, you cannot control how other people drive. While you are on the road, you could be exposed to other drivers being distracted from the road or roadway conditions by the following:
- Use of a handheld device such as a smartphone or tablet
- Handling of a GPS
- Putting on makeup or other forms of grooming
- Getting dressed
Distractions are extremely easy, and accidents can result in the blink of an eye. Fortunately, however, there are laws that can protect you, as the accident victim. These laws can vary from state to state and every city can also have varying municipal codes. In an effort of protecting your rights, you should consider seeking the legal advice of the attorneys at the RM Law Group LLP. The attorneys at the firm are highly skilled in the field of auto accidents.
You should know that auto accident cases demand a sense of urgency. This is because auto accident cases fall under the umbrella of personal injury law. Personal injury cases in the State of California are subject to a statute of limitations. Speak to a well versed attorney at the RM Law Group LLP where an attorney will act swiftly to ensure you have the best opportunity at pursuing a successful claim within the strict timeframe required by law.
Taking Proactive Measures to Protect Your Rights After a Car Accident
If you have been involved in an auto accident in the City of Claremont, one of the primary steps you should take is contacting emergency medical care if you or anyone else involved in the accident has suffered any injuries. If no one is injured, you are also encouraged to take the following steps to protect your rights:
- Report the incident – Contact the Claremont police department and file a report with the responding officer. It is worth noting that not every police agency will dispatch an officer to the scene. This can happen if the accident is not considered an emergency because no one is reporting an injury or if there is a greater emergency elsewhere and the presence of police is demanded.
- Exchange information – Many automobile accidents can involve multiple parties. When you are involved in an accident, be sure to exchange contact information with all those who were involved, which also includes witnesses. Some of the most important information to obtain from drivers includes name, drivers’ license information, phone number, home address, and insurance information. You should also document thelicense plate numbers of the vehicles involved.
- Make a detailed record of the scene – When it comes to protecting your rights, you will need to solidify your version of events. You can do this in one of two forms: the first is to take pictures of the scene. When taking pictures, you should capture the damage to the vehicles involved, the immediate surroundings of the scene, the weather conditions, roadway conditions, and surrounding street signs that could have affected the accident. The second method of documenting the accident should involve making a personal detailed written report of your version of what led to the accident. This should be made immediately after the accident has transpired and should also be as detailed as possible. Upon defending your version of events, any documentation can be highly beneficial.
- Seek immediate medical attention – In the aftermath of an accident, without regard to the gravity of the impact, you are likely to suffer injuries that may not always be immediately apparent. Many auto accidents can result in nervousness or a sudden adrenaline rush, which can affect a person’s ability to absorb or feel pain. For this reason, it is crucial to seek medical attention soon after a collision. The medical aid can help you in recovering faster and will also establish a medical record, which is imperative in a personal injury claim.
It should be noted that it is equally important to maintain medical care. This means that if your doctor has recommended you seek specialized treatment, it is imperative to follow through. Additionally, if your medical care provider has prescribed you medication, you should take the medication to the extent prescribed and tolerated. Failing to continue medical care can also greatly impact the outcome of your personal injury claim. When a person is injured through the negligence of someone else, the injured person often has an obligation to take reasonable steps to minimize the effects and loss related to his or her injuries. A judge can determine that your failure to treat your injury can consequently cause the injury to become worse, and therefore not award you the compensation you deserve.
The rules and regulations that serve to protect you in the aftermath of an auto accident are highly complex and are subject to change. If you or a family member was involved in an auto collision in the City of Claremont, obtain the expert legal advice of the Claremont car accident attorneys at RM Law Group LLP.
For the Utmost Expert Legal Representation, Contact the Attorneys at the RM Law Group LLP
Auto accidents in California can be quite expensive. Many individuals injured in an accident are subject to various expenses which may involve costly medical bills. It should be noted that personal injury law in California is very complex. If you have been injured in an auto accident, contact the RM Law Group LLP. The firm has years of experience in handling successful personal injury claims and many auto accident victims have recovered financial restitution for their grievances. The award-winning law firm has a passion and dedication to protecting the rights of their clients. Personal injury claims in California demand the skill and proficiency of a well-versed attorney; RM Law Group LLP is well equipped to represent your case.